Friday 27 August 2010

Fabric Friday

It is always good to be back home, especially when there is a big pile of post and not all of it work related but filled with fabric!  These Yuwa lovelies were bought with the great help of Ayumi



and she included some extra bits- thank you again Ayumi, I know you liked these as much as me!  I can see myself using these in some bee blocks, they are very useable.  

Whilst  I was away, as well as watching the crowd of grandparents, aunties and uncles and young children singing "Sex on Fire" by the Kings of Leon (surprise 60th birthday party for Damian's uncle and a live band at the party) I also got a chance to go to Abakhans.  The fabric is cheap, especially for the UK, plentiful and mainly sold by weight.  There are large, labelled remnant baskets and I knew I wanted linen to make this from Pochee vol 7


I recommend a visit to this shop- I found 3 metres of linen just as the dress above and the price was £7.40!  You need to see the fabrics in the flesh, quality varies and some things are faded/marked, but there are great bargains to be had.  I have made a tunic using a related pattern to this dress and I am going to act without originality and slavishly make the dress as it looks in the pic above.  I also have plans for these


Fresh from Kate at M is for Make, Alexander Henry's In the Kitchen range.  Great colours- grey and orange is one of my favourite combinations, and the yellow- not my usual choice- lifts the whole thing.   
I have sewed all day, I have to reclaim the machine in the same way Lula reclaims her toys and bedroom.  Whilst away we also had a Sylvanian Families wedding, all Damian's extended family attended, his father officiated, I daren't show how he looked as a priest!   Lula arranged...Enjoy!




sib blog

3 comments:

  1. Oh, my! Your fabrics are so wonderful! I particularly love the map fabric and the alphabet fabrics. What are you going to do with them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Paris print! Someday I'll go there *sigh*

    The In the Kitchen fabrics are adorable too, but I haven't bought any yet because I can't decide which ones I want!

    Great fabrics - I'm jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Sylvanian Families wedding is the cutest thing! I used to collect those little toys when I was a kid. So much fun :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time out to leave your thoughts, I do very much appreciate you stopping by! Blogger is not sending comments through by email at the moment so I'll reply in the comments.