Friday 22 January 2016

My Splendid Sampler Palette

If you are joining in on The Splendid Sampler Sew along, there appears to be an air of mild hysteria in the Facebook group, such is the enthusiasm for this project.   There's a huge variety of designers in this project and I can't help but want to join in.  My block is months and months away but that's fine and dandy;  there's going to be two blocks a week on Sundays and Thursdays starting 14th February and for me the combination of a new project and a tired and slightly sad week has lead to a little shopping therapy this afternoon:

I don't know how big my project will be or whether I will sew all the blocks but I do know I will be sewing some so I bought these shot cotton fat quarters as a starting point and I'll add prints from my stash.  I'm not big on planning and I like quilts to develop as I sew.  These are Kaffe Fassett shot cottons from Cotton Patch.  You can find fabric guidance for this project here.

sib blog 

2 comments:

  1. I have a large collection of Kaffe shot cottons and like them a lot. Completely unsure how to approach this sampler. After sewing with solids so much in 2015, I'm kind of feeling the need for some prints. We shall see. Sorry about your sad week. Hope the shopping therapy was helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you feel better after a bit of fabric shopping xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time out to leave your thoughts, I do very much appreciate you stopping by! Blogger is not sending comments through by email at the moment so I'll reply in the comments.