Wednesday 18 August 2010

ABC

I am a big fan of typography.  My mum studied it at art school and I was taught calligraphy at primary school and loved it.   Now I still love it in fabrics, on screen or printed.  I  found this great children's book from 1946 at the carboot sale a few weeks ago, ahead of its time with its wonderful typography and bold photos.



The source material for the images was the London Museum- and it is an odd  and eclectic selection.



Many of the new fabric ranges feature alphabets- I have this Yuwa print, amongst others, flying on its from Japan via USA and to the UK.  I will post more when it arrives!

sib blog

5 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see what you make. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice post about the typography and I love the fabric..
    I also want to thank you for your lovely gift, the little vintage cards, the print of the owl and last but not least the enveloppe, great idea, I'm gonna try it myself, if don't mind me taking your idea..
    have a nice day..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh lovely book - I can never resists fabrics with writing on either

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool, I like vintage letter stamps, my friend has some they are so lovely. I use text a lot in my own art.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You'll love the print for sure! It's so cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time out to leave your thoughts, I do very much appreciate you stopping by! Blogger is not sending comments through by email at the moment so I'll reply in the comments.