Friday 31 December 2010

Say Hello, Wave Goodbye

My new year's eve is spent sewing, not by choice but by error.  All I can say is prewash your new fabrics- I rarely do and it has caught up with me, I have been a naughty girl and learnt my lesson the hard way.
I wave goodbye to my favourite makes of 2010- it is the top left project that has given me a whole evening of trouble, dereliction of my duties as a partner and mother etc......

Say hello to 2011- maybe a retro song to welcome it in?  Nothing like a bit of vintage, trends may come and go and I don't really care, I will always be a vintage girl- Happy New Year x  
sib blog

6 comments:

  1. Very Happy New Year, Kerry, from an another vintage-girl!

    Yours,
    Mia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the mosaic of pictures. Your work is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. which new fabric was the culprit? I never prewash simply because in order to be effective, you would need one load per piece of fabric so you don't stain the other new fabrics. If there's a culprit and I own it, I'd love to know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just found your blog very recently and love your work. 2010 has obviously been a productive year for you - gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year, Kerry! I don't pre-wash, either, but I do put shout color-catchers in the wash and have used synthrapol for one quilt that looked like it had bled a little and it took the bleeding out. Have you tried that?

    I'm so glad to have found your blog this year. You do such beautiful, creative things.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love your pincushion caddy! I tried and failed twice in making that damn thing but I love it so!!

    Think i'll try again soon now I have more sewing experience and if I fail miserably I'll be back to commission you!!!

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time out to leave your thoughts, I do very much appreciate you stopping by! Blogger is not sending comments through by email at the moment so I'll reply in the comments.