Monday 24 October 2011

Pillow talk

BWS tips button
Are you ready for a little pillow talk... I hope you can tell I am using my most alluring voice for this!  Yeah right!  This is really a post about friendship.  Many of you have seen this pillow before and I always feel a little guilty about reposting an item but I wanted to take part on Brigitte's feature so here goes.
This pillow was a house warming present for Ayumi on her big move back to Japan.  So why this design? Having got caught up in the traditional blocks of The Farmer's Wife quilt-a-long, I found many of my favourites were friendship blocks and I started looking for more- 5,500 Quilt Block Designs was a great source!  The pillow features 9 different friendship block designs.  My favourite is in the centre, the corners all feature an X type design and I balanced out the other blocks in a + pattern.  The brightness and the business of the fabrics make the blocks merge but I have cropped a few so you can see individual blocks
Each block has a mini theme going on.  This block has a sweet food theme.
The top one with the tea pot is about home, comfort and tea!
The bottom block is  all about text and a love of typography.
Ayumi loves pink and I like pink/green together so I set out to see if I could make the whole thing work in a limited palette.  There is a mix of modern and vintage fabric something we both like and the design had a simple lattice quilting- there was enough going on with the fabrics
Pillows make great presents so if you want to be inspired in time for Christmas, head over to Brigitte's blog and have a look at the other designs for this month and previous months- there is a lot of inspiration to be had and just about time to enter your own- I day 13 hours when I last looked!
sib blog

15 comments:

  1. Love the idea of all different friendship blocks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful present for a wonderful person. And I love the idea of having put all kinds of friendship blocks into a pillow. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its still gorgeous! Definitely worth 2 posts :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. No wonder Ayumi loved it so much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree this is well worth two posts, Ayumi must have been delighted when she opened this up!
    As I am already a cushion freak I must attempt one of these.
    Kandi x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yup I still love this pillow to pieces! Every time I see it, I notice something different. There are so many fun features to this! I still can't let Joe touch it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, it's a lovely pillow! I won one of Bridgette's patterns the other month with this link up.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brilliant, Kerry, and love that the blocks each have a story to tell. Totally worth two posts...or maybe even three :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely idea for the blocks and they all look wonderful together in the pillow.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you so much Kerry for submitting this artful beauty to my Pillow Talk! It's a fantastic entry. I wonder where to find all these letterd fabrics as I am a huge fan of those (Well actually here in Germany you can find hardly some of them).
    A really great work!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I missed that pillow first time - it is so wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This blog is nice and amazing. I really like your post! It's also nice to see someone who does a lot of research and has a great knack for writing, which is pretty rare from bloggers these days.
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOL! i think you have a great site here... today was my first time coming here.. i just happened to find it doing a Google search. anyway, great post. I wanted to drop you a quick note to express my thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time out to leave your thoughts, I do very much appreciate you stopping by! Blogger is not sending comments through by email at the moment so I'll reply in the comments.