Thursday 16 May 2013

May at Village Haberdashery

After the May madness of the one day mega sale at Village Haberdashery when all sale fabrics were half price, Annie has been clearing way for new stock.   (To ensure you hear about such offers, check out my twitter feed and Annie's).  There are some wonderful Birch fabric knits- all organic-that I will be making a Briar from and I will blog all my knit sewing tips- I have been making a lot of knit tops this year and feel like I have overcome the stretch fabric fear!  So meanwhile, this fabric range has come in stock, Lotta Glimma.
I enjoy each Lotta collection and this is no exception, There are some echos of Bella and the first collection and I like the scandinavian dusk style colour palette.  These are all quilting cottons and I particularly like this fabric for dresses as well as quilting. It would work beautifully in the Bella Mountains duvet cover I made for Village Haberdashery.  There are also canvas fabrics in this collection, perfect for bags, cushions and even curtains or a window blind.


Rashida Coleman-Hale's Tsuru collection has some beautiful prints.  
The navy blossom festival floral especially catches my eye.  Her next collection Koi, which includes voile is coming into stock soon too.
A little pattern temptation?   I love this Sol Hoodie pattern by Jamie Christina- I wear hoodies a lot annd the cut of this with the thumb holes at the cuffs is just what I wear!  Please save one for me as I definitely want one of these!  I can imagine adapting the pattern to make a pullover hoodie for exercise classes. Gorgeous!
And the newly released Victoria Blazer by By hand London.  They name all their patterns after the staff members at By hand London- what a lovely idea!  A casual blazer which features some great skills to get under your belt- French seams, darts, lining.  
And as for a little knit inspiration?  How about a pair of baby pants made with Nani Iro knit (hard to find now I'm afraid but it would work in any knit) .  A free pattern at Made by Rae and pants now being worn by baby Harvey.  This is a great pattern to dip your toe into knit/jersey fabrics.  An old t-shirt would be enough fabric to make a pair of these and try out knit sewing techniques.
sib blog

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time out to leave your thoughts, I do very much appreciate you stopping by! Blogger is not sending comments through by email at the moment so I'll reply in the comments.