Thursday 3 July 2014

Weekend away

July is always stupidly ridiculously busy, birthdays, end of term work, prepping summer work timetable, prepping September work timetable- courtesy of the day job.  My daughter has had exam after exam, husband has been working hard- a break was calling.  And for this one we travelled… all of around 8 miles.


I am not a great traveller.  I get migraines from the travel and sleeping with a different pillow so I always end up taking my pillow with me.  We've had many of our holidays entirely rained off in the last few years so the mix of sun and showers seemed a good compromise.   In the rainy times we watched films (Room with a View) played Monopoly and ate chocolate biscuits.  I did yoga on the beach each day with Lula. 

On the Sunday afternoon, we all sat and read.  I am working my way through How to Catch a Frog and Other Stories.  Heather Ross writes well and the tales of childhood have real bite and provide insight into her creative style too.  Its a highly enjoyable read.


This beach is only accessible through the holiday site and its such a beauty.  Horses and swimmers all on the same beach!


I took a stack of hand sewing too, making a dint into my 'Bring me Flowers' quilt (Block of the month by Amitie).  This was one of the earlier blocks but I am out of synch.   I was lucky enough to get a place in Jen Kingswell's hand piecing class at Fat Quarterly Retreat- can't wait!  


Batteries recharged and a short drive home x
sib blog

7 comments:

  1. It looks idyllic. Glad you had a well deserved break. just goes to show you don't need to go far to get a break, in fact it's often more relaxing when you don't have the hassle of travel. Hope you have a great time at the FQ retreat x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I take my pillow with me too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like an amazing place. You don't need to travel far at times just to get the break away everyone needs. I'm not a great traveller either.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought that was Sandy Bay at the first photo! My cousin used to have a caravan there and we would pop over from Exmouth to visit when they were there in the summer hols. Did you know that, from up on the caravan park, you can walk down onto Budleigh beach too? Beautiful place, happy memories :-)
    R x

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks like a lovely weekend! Love that flower block!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time out to leave your thoughts, I do very much appreciate you stopping by! Blogger is not sending comments through by email at the moment so I'll reply in the comments.