Thursday 25 June 2015

Christmas in July: Little Joys Quilt Along

Yes I know, time is moving very quickly and although it isn't July quite yet, it is only a week away and some Christmas-in-July quilt shenanigans are afoot at the Fat Quarter shop- there's a free pattern and anyone can join in with the Little Joys Quilt Along!


There's nothing like preparing for Christmas early and I just know I am going to feel a little bit smug at the end of July when this little quilt top is pieced ready for December!

Picture courtesy of Fat Quarter Shop
It's a simple nine block layout based on three different blocks and it has been designed by Elea Lutz of Penny Rose Fabrics.  I'll be using fabrics from a kit kindly supplied by Fat Quarter shop so my quilt will feature the gorgeous Little Joys fabrics and I'll be adding pink prints in as well as red and green.



 Find all the info including a PDF with fabric requirements so you can either buy a quilt kit with all the Little Joys fabrics you need or make it in your own mix of Christmas prints.  The first construction post starts on July 8th and the schedule and all other details can be found here.

sib blog

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the link.Love this projects and I hope not forget to download patterns though I do follow Fat Quarter blog and get their newsletter.

    Have a fun weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time out to leave your thoughts, I do very much appreciate you stopping by! Blogger is not sending comments through by email at the moment so I'll reply in the comments.