Saturday 6 January 2018

Spelling Bee Saturday: Upper Case K

Hi and welcome to Spelling Bee Saturday, I am this Saturday's guest blogger for the mega Fat Quarter Shop and Lori Holt sew-along and today I'm showing Uppercase K and Kristyne of Pretty by Hand has the lower case K

All the blocks come from Lori Holt's Spelling Bee Book which contains all the instructions you need to make 100 blocks- upper and lower case letters, numbers, punctuation/symbols and picture designs. All the blocks come in two sizes (6" and 12") for projects of all sizes and there are setting suggestions for making your own quilts.  The blocks are rotary cut and pieced, no foundation paper-piecing required and this block was a super fast make- mere minutes to cut and sew!


I am planning to make a small quilt with the picture blocks using the picture day quilt setting, so I used the K block to make a quick Quilty Zip Pouch using Lori's free tutorial to store the blocks I've made so far.  The fabrics are from my stash:

  • Cloud9 Fabrics, Mad Mend, Roger in Olive by Michelle Engel Bencsko
  • Cloud9 Fabrics, Foxglove, Evening Primrose in Orange by Aneela Hoey
  • Windham, Tiger Lily, small roses in cream by Heather Ross
  • Free Spirit, Aviary, Woodgrain by Joel Dewberry
  • Moda, Mama Said Sew, text print by Sweetwater


I'm mixing some Sew-Ichigo designs (lamp and radio) in with a selection of Lori's picture blocks like the apple block below- I have two more Spelling Bee picture blocks that will be revealed during my future stops during the sew along.


If you are following along and want to check other people's blocks, these are the Instagram hashtags:  #SpellingBeeSaturday and #fqsquiltalong
  • Links to all the Spelling Bee sew along blocks so far are here
  • My review of the Spelling Bee book is here where you'll also find links on where to buy the book.
SaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSave

1 comment:

  1. Darling case and I love the lamp and radio. And, where have I been that I haven't seen these before (lamp and radio)?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time out to leave your thoughts, I do very much appreciate you stopping by! Blogger is not sending comments through by email at the moment so I'll reply in the comments.